Create a traditional Christmas side dish with a decadent twist of pancetta, cranberries and chestnuts full of festive flavour.
- 1kg brussel sprouts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 220g pancetta
- 50g butter
- 100g dried cranberries, chopped
- 250g chestnuts, cooked
- 100ml sherry
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 2 tsps. fresh flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Start by prepping the brussel sprouts.
- Trim the bottoms off each of the sprouts and cut a cross into each.
- Then place them into a large pan of salted boiling water and cook until tender but still retaining a bit of bite.
- This should take about five minutes or so depending on their size.
- Add the olive oil in to a large frying pan and place over a medium heat, stir in the pancetta and continue to cook until it’s crisp.
- Add the butter, cranberries and chestnuts to the frying pan.
- Cook for two to three minutes and then pour in the sherry, and continue to cook for another two to three minutes.
- Drain the brussel sprouts, cut them in half and then stir them in to the pancetta, chestnuts, cranberries and sherry and cook for a further three minutes.
- Finally, sprinkle in the parsley and thyme and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.