Using natural juices from your turkey, rich stock and sweet jelly to create a smooth gravy perfect for a festive feast.
- turkey roasting juices
- 50g butter
- 50g flour
- 200ml turkey stock
- 2 tbsps. red currant jelly
- 100ml single cream (optional)
- Pour the juices from the roasting tin, into a bowl and spoon off any fat that has settled on the top.
- Place a saucepan over a mdium heat and melt the butter, once melted whisk in the flour, and stir for a couple of minutes to make a roux.
- Pour the turkey juices into the saucepan, bring to a simmer and keep whisking until all the roux has dissolved and the juices are becoming thick.
- Then whisk in the stock and red currant jelly.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and allow to simmer for five minutes.
- If you’re using cream, add the cream after four minutes and allow the gravy to simmer for another minute.