We are proud to announce that we have been awarded a total of eight Great Taste Awards for our finest* fresh meat products at the 2018 announcement.
Tesco finest* fillet steak and finest* Thick Cut Lamb Chops received 2 star awards; with finest* ranch and striploin steaks, Canadian Maple smoked dry cured Irish rashers, Irish pork sausages and the show stopping jewelled lamb leg also awarded at this year’s awards.
This summer, Tesco finest* certified Irish Angus steaks have achieved international success with wins at the World Steak Challenge and the international Taste and Quality Awards.
Sheila Gallagher, commercial director, Tesco Ireland, “Our finest* fresh meats are a great source of pride in our range, and we’re especially proud to be recognised for these products. Today’s Great Taste acknowledgements add to international successes these products have earned this summer, the World Steak Challenge and the international Taste and Quality Awards.”
“At Tesco, working with our supplier partners, we’ve a long standing commitment to continuously offer the very best Irish meat that our customers know and love and these awards give us an even greater endorsement of our quality commitment in support of 13,000 Irish farming families”, she continued.
Check out a breakdown of the awards below:
International Taste and Quality Awards 2018
- 3 Golden star awards (Exceptional): Tesco West Cork Aged Angus Rib Eye Steaks and finest* Irish Angus Rib Eye Steak;
- 2 Golden Star Awards (Remarkable Accreditation): West Cork Dry Aged Angus Striploin Steaks and finest* Irish Angus Striploin Steak
World Steak Challenge Winners 2018
- Gold: Tesco Irish Angus finest* Fillet
- Silver: Tesco Irish Angus finest* Ribeye.
- Bronze: Tesco West Cork Dry Aged Angus Sirloin & West Cork Dry Aged Angus Ribeye.