We all have mental health and it’s important we look after it in the same way as we try to look after our bodies. With our autumn Colleague Health Event underway, and today being World Mental Health Day, it’s important to to raise awareness around mental health.
|As part of our continued efforts to support colleagues with mental wellness, a number of tools are available to all colleagues, including:
1. Our new ‘Mental Health At Work’ e-learning module. This is available on Learning At Tesco and will help increase your understanding of mental health and wellbeing at work
2. Our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) is open 24/7 to support you with life’s everyday challenges, whether its health, finances, personal or work-related. To ensure you know about the support available to you and you families, please check out Our Tesco
3. 5 Mindapples e-learning modules are also available on Learning At Tesco, to help guide colleagues in understanding their minds and what keeps us at our best.
- Brand new e-learning for all colleagues – ‘Mental Health Awareness At Work’
This new e-learning course provides an introduction to mental health and wellbeing in the workplace. The course has been developed by the mental health charity Mind, in delivering mental health awareness training to colleagues.
The e-learning is for any colleague wanting to increase their understanding of mental health and wellbeing at work. It covers an introduction to mental health and wellbeing, common mental health problems and how mental health relates to our working lives.
The course takes 50 minutes to complete and has six modules covering the following topics:
- Introduction to mental health and wellbeing
- Overview of common mental health problems – depression, anxiety and stress
- The role of mental health in our working lives
- Stigma and how it impacts on our mental health
- Raising awareness of workplace wellbeing
- Tips on self-care
- Potential triggers of poor mental health in the workplace
- Building resilience
- Supporting others
You can access the course here on Learning at Tesco.
A big part of tackling stigma is having more open conversations around mental health. We hope that this training encourages and supports colleagues to do this with each other, friends and family because every conversation really does help.
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Whether it’s our health, finances, personal or work life, there are plenty of issues that can affect us all daily. Our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) is here to support you to be at your best, as you deal with life’s everyday challenges.
Our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) telephone support line is open 24/7, 365 days a year. Click here for more information to help ensure you know about the support available to you and you families.
MindApples are an organization whose aim is to make looking after our minds as natural as brushing our teeth and to build a positive culture for mental health. Working with Mindapples, we’ve already launched 5 modules on Learning at Tesco, helping guide colleagues in understanding our minds and what keeps us at our best. These modules include:
- Feed your mind
- Manage your moods
- Handling pressure
- Get motivated
- Know yourself