Community Fund: New Ross Day Care Centre, Co. Wexford

New Ross Care Centre Wexford  (5)

Over 69 local causes across Co. Wexford, including New Ross Day Care Centre, share €23,000 Tesco Community Fund donation

Blue token votes reveal that Wexford community support more Elderly Care Services than any other county

In Wexford alone, over 69 local good causes have shared a donation of €23,000 since the launch of the Tesco Community Fund initiative last year.

Tesco customers across Wexford have been quick to show their support for the Elderly community, with some of their highest voting for local Elderly Care Services. One community cause which was nominated for the Tesco Community Fund was New Ross Day Care Centre. The Centre provides care and support for the elderly population of New Ross and the surrounding areas to help maintain their independence in their home environment for as long as possible. 70% of the attendees are living alone with the other 30% mainly living with elderly spouses.

Martina McKinstry from the New Ross Care Centre said: “The Day Care Centre is a lifeline for certain people within the local community as it is available Monday to Friday. The Day Care buses provide safe transport to and from the centre. We depend on our local community to help us to provide our services; any donation big or small makes a huge difference which is why funds like the Tesco Community Fund really help us to continue our work.”